Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Musings: Cooler morning conundrums

I live in a forest. Perhaps this isn't too much of a surprise for people, but it's a statement of fact. Usually, this means that the temperatures are a few degrees lower than what I'd encounter in town. (Thanks to the urban heat island effect - yes, Ann Arbor has it, even with its trees.)

Sometimes, though, you misjudge the difference between in-town temperatures and what you feel like when you walk outside in a morning.

... and so I now find myself in a long-sleeve shirt, jeans, and shoes (instead of shorts, t-shirt, and sandals)...

Finally cooled off, but it took a while.

On the plus side, though, my commute this morning only took 16 minutes, and I wasn't the only cyclist that I encountered, either. (There were 2 from Wagner, and an additional 2 in town as I cycled along Washington.)

No comments: