Saturday, September 25, 2010

My 30-mile trip


To and from the Dexter Cider Mill along Huron River Drive. Four of us (one less than we had hoped) headed out from Ann Arbor in the late morning for this merry little jaunt.

Lovely day for a bike ride
Although the morning started off quite cold and cloudy, the sun poked out from behind the clouds by the time we all got onto the roadway.

IMG_3679
The rebuilt Delhi Bridge -- now we can once again get to Delhi Metropark from Huron River Drive. (I could never remember how to get to the metropark from along Dexter-Ann Arbor Road, but then again I don't drive, so that was only a problem when I was driving someone else -- or asked to navigate.)

Cycling along Huron River Drive
Many cyclists take the trip along the road on weekends, especially if it's nice weather.

IMG_3691
After we got to the Dexter Cider Mill, we ate some donuts, drank some ... water, and purchased a jar of ... blueberry preserve. However, Leah purchased some cider syrup (a gallon of cider, reduced down to a pint), which was quite tasty! Of course, the syrup was from Vermont, and not the DCM, but that's okay, I guess. After all, the DCM wasn't the (only) goal of the trip.

IMG_3698
On the way home, Jennifer got tired of all my picture-taking, took my camera and put me and Leah in a photo. See, people? I bike!

IMG_3701
But I had my revenge, taking a photo of all of them as we rode down the road.


And took this little piece of film of me going along at an easy pace. (Unfortunately, the ride was a little more windy than I would have preferred.)

IMG_3714
All ended well after party ways at "The Fort", and me catching the end of the Michigan game at the Grizzly Peak, with some ale.

No comments: