Monday, June 01, 2009

Ride in to work

... on my new bike. Really nice handling. The 8-speed is running off of a 14-tooth in the back, meaning that the climb up the hill leaving the forest is not a piece of cake (especially with 10 kg of laundry) on the lowest gear, but is not that bad. However, going downhill on Liberty is like flying... Of course, I still don't really know how fast I'm going, and if I'm going faster than the speed limit, but I'm assuming (perhaps falsely) that if the cars are passing me, then I'm not speeding (egregiously). Of course, the drivers could be speeding past me because they don't want to be passed by a bike...

The nice thing about the current set-up is that, what with the smooth shifting of this Alfine, I'm able to accelerate very quickly from a standstill by consistenly shifting up as I accelerate (I actually outpaced a car who's driver didn't know we were racing).

No comments: