Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In Concepcion Airport

Sitting at Concepcion airport is really not that bad. The airport is rather small, but modern, with a large sloping ceiling and support pillars all covered with some sort of light-colored wood. I got to the airport several hours before take-off and spent a good amount of time in the coffee shop outside security after checking in. Check-in was interesting, because the entire airport is much larger than necessary to handle the amount of people who use it. Therefore, when I arrived at the LAN counter, only one representative was sitting there - behind the ticket sales desk. After realizing that I did not need a ticket, and that I was trying to check in, she moved over to a check-in desk and proceeded. One small thing, though. LAN can only (apparently) check my bags through to Lima. From there, I have to get my bags and get to the Delta counter, check in there, and hope it all goes without a hitch. Luckily, I'm arriving in Lima at 11PM. Unfortunately, I only have 1.5 hours to get my bag, possibly go through immigration and customs, find my way to the Delta check-in, check my bags, go through security, find my gate, and board the aircraft. Otherwise I'll have to wait for the next flight, which I'm not hoping to do. "Frustrating" to say the least. I wonder if I can talk to a Delta representative in Santiago.

The airplane to Santiago isn't here yet... Oh, it apparently just landed. It's going to be a fast turn-around...

No comments: