Sunday, August 10, 2008

Adventure!

I arrived in Santiago where I had to go through customs and immigration. Got through immigration just fine. Went down to baggage claim, and wazited for my bag. Waited some more, and the went to the airline desk to confirm that I should be waiting for my bag. "Yes, your bag should come on the carousel, and then you take your bag up to the third floor and drop it ff again up there." Okay, so I go back to waiting for my bag. It doesn't arrive (along with four other people). While waiting for the LAN Airlines counter person, I noticed that my flight to Concepcion was becoming ever more imminent. Seeing that I was on the now soon-to-be-departing flight, the people told me to get on my connecter and inquire at Concepcion. That flight was a little cramped, and there was an English highschool soccer team onboard, but it was tolerable. I finished the piece of pulp I picked up in Atlanta, and went to baggage claim with the high hope of finding my bag there. However, as in Santiago, no luck.

After having a very limited conversation with the baggage handler - consisting of me showing him my luggage tag (really lucky I held on to it), him going to look or call it in, finding nothing, and coming back to tell me to go to the counter. So off to the counter I went with my baggage ticket, and talked to a nice woman who informed me - after checking on her computer - that my bag should have been on the flight from Santiago, but I could wait for it with the arrival of the next flight. She also gave me the numbers for Delta (in Santiago) and LAN (in Concepcion).

We'll see how it goes...

No comments: