Saturday, July 26, 2008

Testing some computing capabilities of my "internets" tablet

This entry is being slowly typed out by stylus on my new (!) N810 internet tablet. I've been using it for aa coupl of days now, and I think that I'm starting to get the hang of how it operates. The screen, although almost painfully vibrant and sharp, is a little smaller-rhan-optimum, and I'll readily admit that it's zoom fezture is not as nice as the iPhone's. (And the layout of the screen is more favorable for righr-handed users than southpaws like myself.)

It does have a nice fingerboard that slides out from underneath, allowing for faster typing than the stylus method of above, or the hunt-and-pray method of finger-typing on the screen that the iPhone uses.

Although I've now set up a Skype account (to really capitalize on the strength of this device over the iPod touch), I haven't used the device to talk with someone, so I don't know how it will look. I know that Skype has developed a version to work specifically with this device, so we'll see how it goes once I get 'round to it.

Still a few weeks before Chile, so I have a little more of an opportunity to figure out what all's what...

No comments: