Tuesday, May 22, 2007

You spin me right 'round baby right 'round, like a ... skyscraper?

The future city of skyscrapers, Dubai, is building a new one that has rotating floors! I would like to know what the skyline of the future will look like. Now that there are buildings with large moving parts, I think this will be an interesting future in design (obviously), and may (if it takes) be the start of a near-future paradigm shift in architecture.

Of course, I hope that this shift will parallel the ongoing "green architectural revolution" to make future building even more energy and materials-efficient.

In other news, I purchased a bike last Friday: a Giant Sedona LX (2006) with a 21" frame (the largest they had at the store). I tower over people on the road. Still, regardless of how large I think my bike is, it is dwarfed by Yao Ming's bike.

No comments: